Free Walking Tour Bogota
Overview of the tour in Bogota
Welcome to Colombia and Bogotá, the cultural capital of the country!
We are the largest group of expert local Free Tours guides in Colombia with 12 original tours created by ourselves and also the most awarded tours in the country! 7 international recognitions, 5 TripAdvisor Travelers Choice, and the Top 3 in Bogotá, Cartagena, Medellín, and Cali.
We are authentic guides connecting Colombia since 2013, 10 years of sharing passion at every step!
We aim with this walking tour to let you discover and experience our city through the eyes of the locals, to bring to life our cultural expressions, historical and representative institutions, our gastronomy, our tragedies that have changed the city, and of course to have fun.
We will cover some topics, such as the story of Chicha, the El Dorado Myth, Bolivar Plaza, the Courthouse, the Foundation of Bogota, The Bogotazo, the Black Emerald market, the False Door, and more!
We will take you through a time when the Spaniards came and started a new civilization. Discover with us what Bogotá offers to you and feel the ambiance of the best-preserved city center in Latin America. Live in our stunning, and friendly city! Welcome to Bogotá!
This activity includes:
- Palacio de Justicia Alfonso Reyes Echandia
- Plaza de Bolívar
- Botero Museum
- La Puerta Falsa Restaurant
- Golden One Myth
- Shooting Square
- “Tuqui Tuqui Lulu” expression
- Bogotá´s Independece Heroes
- Jorge E. Gaitan Complot
- Cultural Avenue
- Scars of Bogota Railway Company
- Policarpa Salavarrieta Heroine
- Jose Cuervo Secret
- Antonio Nariño – French Revolution
- Watchmaker Myth
- Pablo Escobar in Bogotá
- The 7th Wonder of Colombia
- Foundation Square
- Illegal Market of Emeralds
- Gastronomic District
Museo del Oro (Santander Square)
FREE WALKING TOUR BOGOTA
MEETING TIME: 10am (we start at 10:10am)
LANGUAGE: English & Español
MEETING POINT: Museo del Oro Entrance (at Santander Park).
ADDRESS: Carrera 6 # 15 - 88
TOUR PRICE: We offer it for free, but we accept donations based on your satisfaction (people donate voluntarily around $40.000 COP each) that being said you donate what you consider the Tour was worth it :)
WEATHER: Our Tour is NEVER canceled due to rain. Bogotá has a bipolar climate so it changes all the time, so if it rains don't worry ;)
BRING: Runners, Sun Screen, Umbrella, Money, Rain Gear, and Sunglasses.
Look for the guide with the RED UMBRELLA, he will be waiting for you ;)
1) Public Transportation: Check the best route by selecting first your Departure Station and then selecting the Arrival Station which is "Las Aguas" (J Line - Pink).
2) Taxi: Use any of the following Apps: Smart Taxi, Easy Taxi, or Tappsi.
3) Uber (new users): Use our Promo Code (z8hrmqztue) for $8.000 COP off the split in 2 rides.
*As a capital, transportation is a little bit chaotic, so take into account at least 1 hour if you are not staying in Downtown (Candelaria).
Things to note
1) If you decided NOT TO PARTICIPATE anymore, we kindly ask you to "CANCEL MY BOOKING" at the bottom part of the email you received from Freetour.com.
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.