We aim with this walking tour to let you discover and experience our city through the eyes of the locals, to bring to life our cultural expressions, historical and representative institutions, our gastronomy, our tragedies that have changed the city and of course to have fun.
We will take you through time when Spaniards came and started the new civilization. Discover with us what Bogotá offers to you and feel the ambiance of the best preserved city center in Latin America. Live our stunning, magnificent, romantic, charming, fun and friendly city! Welcome to Bogotá!
This activity includes:
- Botero Museum
- Golden One Myth
- Simon Bolivar Square
- Justice Palace Siege
- Shooting Square
- “Tuqui Tuqui Lulu” expression
- Bogotá´s Independece Heroes
- Jorge E. Gaitan Complot
- Cultural Avenue
- Scars of Bogota Railway Company
- Policarpa Salavarrieta Heroine
- Jose Cuervo Secret
- Antonio Nariño – French Revolution
- Watchmaker Myth
- Pablo Escobar in Bogotá
- The 7th Wonder of Colombia
- Foundation Square
- Illegal Market of Emeralds
- Gastronomic District
- The False Door
FREETOUR.com Traveler Reviews
Museo del Oro (Santander Square)
FREE WALKING TOUR BOGOTA
MEETING TIME: 10am (we start at 10:10am) and 2pm (we start at 2:10pm)
MEETING POINT: Museo del Oro Entrance (at Santander Park).
ADDRESS: Carrera 6 # 15 - 88
TOUR PRICE: We offer it for free but we accept donations based on your satisfaction (people donate voluntarily around 30mil each) that being said you donate what you consider the Tour was worth it :)
WEATHER: Our Tour is NEVER cancelled due to rain. Bogotá has a bipolar climate so it changes all the time, so if it rains don't worry ;)
BRING: Runners, Sun Screen, Umbrella, Money, Rain Gear and Sunglasses.
Look for the guide with the RED UMBRELLA, he will be waiting for you ;)
1) Public Transportation: Copy this link (http://www.surumbo.com/), select Transmilenio and check the best route by selecting first your Departure Station and then selecting the Arrival Station which is "Las Aguas" (J Line - Pink).
2) Taxi: Use any of the following Apps: Smart Taxi, Easy Taxi or Tappsi.
3) Uber (new users): Use our Promo Code (z8hrmqztue) for $8.000 COP off splitted in 2 rides.
4) Private Transfer: Book it in advance with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As a capital, transportation is a little bit chaotic, so take into account at least 1 hour if you are not staying in Downtown (Candelaria).
Things to note
1) If you decided NOT TO PARTICIPATE anymore, we kindly ask you to "CANCEL MY BOOKING" at the bottom part of the email you received from Freetour.com.
This tour has a 2 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge of €2 fee per person.