Never been to Athens and want to experience it all at once? Or maybe you have been to a few cities, but never been part of the local culture? If you're interested in exploration & like treasure hunting on foot, this is a perfect walking tour for you!
This tour is based on historic Athens city center routes. You will have a 2 to 3-hour walking tour around historical monuments and local landmarks and Athens city center all at once.
On the way expect truly exciting city center areas, monuments, local landmarks and of course the opportunity to taste some of the local Coffee & Food delicacy habits!
This activity includes:
- Hadrian's Arch
- Greek and Roman Agora
- Tower of the Winds
- Syntagma Square
- Panathenaic Stadium
- Mitropoli Cathedral
FREETOUR.com Traveler Reviews
Pl. Mitropoleos, Athens 105 56
Pl. Mitropoleos, Athens 105 56 (Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens)
1. Get on the Metro Line 2 (Red Line) or Line 3 (Blue Line).
2. Get off at SYNTAGMA station.
3. Follow the signs to Exit at Syntagma Square.
4. Head south for 30 meters towards Othonos str.
5. Turn right onto Othonos for 130 meters.
6. Cross Filellinon str. through traffic lights and head straight towards Mitropoleos str.
7. Keep walking on Mitropoleos str. for 350 meters and our meeting point will be on your left on Mitropoleos Square!
8. Our guide will be near the statue of Archbishop Damaskinos across the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens.
Things to note
If you eventually aren't able to attend our tour, kindly cancel your reservation in advance by clicking the link "Cancel my booking" at the bottom of the confirmation.
Advised to carry: Lightweight luggage with a lock, Water bottle & Hat (especially on summer months), Sports shoes, Toiletries.
This tour has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge of €2 fee per person.