The Original Free walking tour of Athens - Athens Free Tour - Official.
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence:
4000+ amazing reviews!
Best free tour worldwide; 2018, 2017 / Most Popular Tour; 2018, 2017 / Best Free Tour Europe; 2018, 2017.
Freetour .com 3800+ reviews.
"No other tour in Athens comes even close!"
Proud and passionate pioneer's of the original free tour movement here in Greece, joining this tour, you will understand why we are the most trusted and famous walking tour of our city, not a boring history lesson, it is a fun, positive and emotional experience, as we walk through history we share in a delightful way great local tips, myths and urban legends, enriching your total experience of our great city and our Greek culture, in a way that you will, "feel like a local, not just a tourist"
You will encounter a safe welcoming group of locals, a vibrant team that are from here or, have long term residents, true local experts, trusted over many years hence, all our Awards and sheer numbers of fantastic reviews!
Sam, Eleni, Angel, Stathis, Alex, Aris, Nikos, Vera & Lesley
Ana, Marielena, Angel, Marina & Jose.
This activity includes:
- Hadrian’s Arch
- Herodes Atticus Theatre
- Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Panathinaiko Stadium
- Roman Agora and Tower of the Winds
- Thiseo and Temple of Hephaistos
- Ermou street (Mitropoleos Cathedral and Aghios Eleftherios Chapel)
- Syntagma Square and Tomb of Unknown Soldier
- Local Expert
FREETOUR.com Traveler Reviews
Hadrian's Arch is so easy, it is one of the most famous & recognizable monuments in the very center of Athens.
1) From Syntagma Sq. Walk five minutes straight down Amalias Ave. on the Parliament side, passing National Gardens.
2) By Metro red line, get off at ACROPOLIS STATION.
Exit the station on MAKRYGIANNI STREET. At the top of the stairs walk straight forward to Dionysiou Areopagitou street, turn right and after 20 meters (2-minute walk) you will be on a main street Amalias Ave. Across the street is The Temple of Olympian Zeus and to the
left is Hadrian's Arch.
Things to note
1) You will receive an instant, automated confirmation if not, please check your junk/spam box as automated messages can end up there.
2) Officially cancel your booking if you are unable to attend, at the bottom of your confirmation form click on the link "Cancel My Booking"
3) Tour Schedule; For English and for Spanish:
2pm 15th Sep. - 30th June
5pm 1st April - 31st Oct
6pm 1st July - 14th Sep.