Ancient Appian Way, Catacombs and Aqueducts Park E-Bike Tour

Verified by
Duration: 6:00
Provided by TopBike Rental & Tours
English  |  9:00 AM
English  |  9:00 AM

Overview of the tour in Rome

We will have a unique opportunity to ride along the ancient Roman Appian Way, 2300 years old.

We will see an ancient tomb, Roman statues, the ruins of a circus, as well as the imperial palace. Furthermore, we will see the famous Christian catacombs and pagan mausoleums.

Next, according to the plan, we have a ride along the ancient Roman aqueducts towering over the fields. We will drive through the picturesque countryside, which will not leave you indifferent. Such famous people as Byron, Goethe, and Stendhal were impressed by this beauty.

It will be an unforgettable tour of absolute beauty. After all, not every day you can visit a unique environment, with untouched nature, free from modernization, which serves as a backdrop for the continuous passage of historical, cultural and artistic events.

-This tour also includes a guided visit into the Catacombs of St Callixtus (or St Sebastian).
-On Wednesdays, the Appian Way tour has a duration of 6.5 hours
-This tour doesn't include any food or drinks; however, the route offers a few possibilities to purchase some food or drinks (which can be consumed during a suitable break).

This activity includes:

  • Appian Way
  • Baths of Caracalla
  • Parco della Caffarella
  • Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella
  • Circus of Maxentius
  • Villa of the Quintili
  • Park of the Aqueducts
  • Catacombs of St. Callixtus
  • Porta San Sebastiano (Gate of St Sebastian)
  • A quality Cannondale E-Bike (with anti-puncture tires and comfortable saddles)
  • A helmet (mandatory)
  • An English- or Spanish-speaking guide (according to the booked language)
  • A guided visit of the Catacombs of S. Callisto (or S. Sebastian)
  • A biodegradable bottle of water
  • Handlebar bag (3 liters)

Meeting point

TopBike Rental & Tours

On arrival

From Metro COLOSSEUM (10 to 15 minutes). At the main exit go left, along with the sidewalk (keep the Colosseum on your right). It is easier to take the right sidewalk of the street (Piazza del Colosseo) and so you pass by the Colosseum. At the traffic light go straight on. You are now walking into Via Labicana.
Continue walking straight for about 5 minutes different and you will find us at your right on number 49.

From Metro MANZONI (about 10 minutes)
From Metro Manzoni, you will walk into Viale Manzoni towards the center (Via Merulana).
At the crossing with via Merulana you go straight on, which is already Via Labicana. It is easiest to take the left sidewalk of Labicana
street, since you will find us at your left at number 49.

Things to note

• Length: 27 km, 60% off-road
• Elevation: 200 mt
• Difficulty level: intermediate

Additional information:

There is no age minimum or maximum - this tour is suitable for everyone as long as you can ride a bike!
Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (with a load capacity of up to 55 lbs or 25 kg) come on the tour free of charge
For children aged 5-8 years, a child extension (child streamliner) is provided
Children aged 9 and above can autonomously ride on an appropriately sized bike

• Please note that approximately 40% of the route of this tour takes place in the city. We ride carefully chosen city streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Ancient Appian Way Park to the Aqueducts Park. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), we encounter no traffic.
• Guests are obligated to wear a bicycle helmet during the bike tour. This helmet will be provided at the beginning of the bike tour by TopBike Rental & Tours.
• Minimum of 4 participants applies (total number of participants on tour). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if 48 hours before the start of the tour the number of passengers on tour is less than 4. If this occurs, you will be offered an alternative for your time or a full refund.

Free Cancellation

Free Cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts. Late cancellation or your non-arrival is not refundable.

English  |  9:00 AM
English  |  9:00 AM
Verified & Trusted
This activity has been verified on:
Featured on LonelyPlanet Verified and Trusted by TripAdvisor
Tours Organized by TopBike Rental & Tours