Free Ancient Madrid Tour
Overview of the tour in Madrid
Join us to know the Habsburgs Quarter, that emblematic area of the capital populated by tourists and natives, where the traditional is united with the current and the traces of monarchical dynasties, republics, dictatorships, democracies, rises, and attacks converge.
Art, gardens, monuments, gastronomy, and history are perfectly mixed in those streets of a virtual medieval layout, making Madrid one of the most visited cities in the world and the inspiration of the most varied creators, who for centuries have paid tribute with their work.
Walk with us through the most essential Madrid, where you will discover the true origins of the capital, its past of fire and water, the same landscape that powerful kings, miraculous saints, and attractive bandits toured, the villa of palace intrigues and plebian corrillos, the squares of unjust executions and the corners of furtive romances, the place of the war and the one of the reconstruction… the Madrid of yesterday and the Madrid of today!
Let's walk, get to know and enjoy the city ... let's tour the Habsburgs Quarter together.
We'll be waiting for you!
This activity includes:
- Puerta del Sol / Gate of the Sun
- Plaza Mayor / Main Square
- Calle de Cuchilleros / Street of Cuchilleros
- Plaza de la Villa / Villa Square
- Atentado Anarquista / Anarchist Attack
- Catedral de la Almudena / Cathedral of the Almudena
- Palacio Real / Royal Palace
- Plaza de Oriente / Orient Square
- Teatro Real / Royal Theatre
Puerta del Sol
We'll waiting for you with a PURPLE and BLACK UMBRELLA (Portal No. 6 of Puerta del Sol, in front of the ZAPSHOP shoe store)
Things to note
- We require a minimum of two people to start our tour.
- If under 18 accompany you, it's not necessary to include them in the reservation.
- Cancellations must be done by the email that freetour.com will send you.
- If for any reason 4U Madrid had to cancel the tour, we will notify you through the contact information you provided in your reservation.
The tours are operated based on free contributions, so there is no entrance fee to access them ... we strive to do quality work so that your contribution is worth it!
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.