Free Alameda Market Food Tour
Overview of the tour in Cali
From “Loma de la Cruz '' we'll walk towards Alameda Market crossing two local neighborhoods in order to try the local homemade food like Champús and Cucas done by “caleñas”. This is the best start so you understand how important our identity is through our gastronomy.
Among afro preparations and European flavors, get a glimpse into the local culture and way of life. The market is home to hundreds of vendors selling everything from fresh produce to clothing, handicrafts, and household items.
Taste traditional food from the Pacific and toast with Viche, our amazing alcoholic beverage! This experience brings you closer to the flavors, colors, textures, and regional gastronomic preparations, which are loaded with symbols and meanings, as they reveal social relations, popular imaginaries, and the use of the environment.
This activity includes:
- Galería Alameda
- History and origins of our regional gastronomy
- Cultural influences from local races
- Unique and useful food preparations
- Ancestral ingredients and traditional techniques of the region.
- The food market as a core of economic survival
- Biological, geographical and cultural diversity of Valle del Cauca
- Sweet, salty, oily, spicy and vigorous food
Find us right at the stairs of “Loma de la Cruz” Park with our RED UMBRELLAS!
MEETING POINT: find us right at the stairs of “Loma de la Cruz” Park with our RED UMBRELLAS!
MEETING TIME: 9:30 am
ADDRESS: Calle 5 #16-10, Comuna 3
TOUR PRICE: We offer it for free, but we accept donations based on your satisfaction (people donate voluntarily around $45.000 COP each) that being said you donate what you consider the Tour was worth it :)
WEATHER: Our Tour is NEVER canceled due to rain. Medellín has a bipolar climate so it changes all the time, so if it rains don't worry ;)
BRING Runners, Sun Screen, Umbrella, Money, Rain Gear, and Sunglasses.
Look for the guide with the RED UMBRELLA by BEYOND COLOMBIA, he will be waiting for you.
Things to note
1) You'll be contacted via email in order to confirm your participation. If you don't write us back confirming your participation we won't schedule your guide.
2) If you decided NOT TO PARTICIPATE anymore, we kindly ask you to "CANCEL MY BOOKING" at the bottom part of the email you received from Freetour.com
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.