Baku Old Town & Oil Heritage Walking Free Tour
Overview of the tour in Baku
This tour offers a walk through the most historic sightseeing highlights of Baku, the Fountains Square, four UNESCO sites in Old Town (Icherisheher), and Istiglaliyyat street with insights on Baku’s past and the transformation brought by oil barons and their quest for personal glory and fame.
You will also get an introduction to the social, cultural, political aspects of everyday life in Baku on the background of stories based on the real-life oil barons in the late 19th and early 20th century as well as Soviet and modern times. The tour ends with a free cup of tea at Coffee Moffie.
– Explore the UNESCO sites and Istiglaliyyat street
– Hear legends about prominent Oil Barons
– Understand social dynamics of city life
– Soak up the atmosphere in the oldest part of the city
– Romanticize streets Ali&Nino used to hang out
– Led by a local guide
This activity includes:
- Philarmonia Garden
- Muhammad Mosque
- Museum of Miniature Books
- Palace of The Shirvanshahs
- Maiden Tower
- Nizami Museum of Azerbaijan Literature
- Qoşa Qala Qapısı
- Baku City Executive Power
- Fountains Square
- Former Taghiyev School for Girls (Institute of Manuscripts of Azerbaijan)
- UNESCO sites
- Town Hall
- Istiglaliyyat street
- Palace of Happiness
- Ismayiliyya Palace
KFC/Pizza Hut at Fountains Square
- Our Meeting Point in front of Pizza Hut/KFC at Fountains Square.
- Look for a RED UMBRELLA to recognize the guide.
- We recommend arriving at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the start time.
Things to note
- Operates in all weather conditions except for heavy rain and freezing snow.
- Need at least two people to run tour.
- Stairs of old town cause difficulty for a wheelchair user
- Booking is required.
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.