Cathedral Walking Tour
Overview of the tour in Toledo
1. Custodia de arfe: A piece almost 2 meters high that includes 18 kilos of gold and precious stones. A treasure, inside the cathedral of Toledo.
2. High Altar: The altarpiece of the eighteenth century which shows the life of Jesus Christ sculpted in polychrome wood and a curious sacristy hidden behind the altar. Also, as the tombs of the old kings. The old dynasty.
3. Choir: A spectacular room with 18th-century organs that still function today. The choir is the area where the canons sat in the wooden choir stalls to sing. You can also see sculpted in alabaster all the ancestors of Jesus from Adam and Eve to Joseph and Mary. In the choir is the famous white virgin of the cathedral of Toledo.
4. Transparent: An exclusive architectural work in the whole world since it is a unique window that was built by a famous sculptor Narciso Tomé to give light to the sacristy of the altar of the cathedral.
5. Sacristy: The art gallery of the cathedral where we can enjoy a magnificent ceiling painted by Titian in the sixteenth century that configures the miracle that happened in Toledo when San Ildefonso was blessed by the Virgin Mary. Here we explain the second masterpiece of El Greco.
This activity includes:
- Custodia de arfe
- Art gallery
- Official tour guide
Calle Cardenal Cisneros, 1, 45002 Toledo
Calle Cardenal Cisneros, 1, 45002 Toledo. You'll see a green umbrella with the tour guide, waiting for you.
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts. Late cancellation or your non-arrival is not refundable.