Taipei Golden Age Free Walking Tour
Overview of the tour in Taipei
It’s the time of the new, and the time of the old. It’s the Golden Age for commerce and culture to grow.
The roaring twenties was a colorful period in which the cultural heroes of each country shined. As Pablo Picasso is to Spain, Ernest Hemingway is to the U.S., Coco Chanel is to France, and so is everything that prospered around Taipei North Gate and Dadaocheng to Taiwan.
This Golden Age Tour walks you through where Taiwan’s literati and artists once gathered and gives you a peek at how Dadaocheng has transformed over the years into a creative hub where traditions clash with innovations.
Join the tour and relive the Golden Age of Taipei with us.
This activity includes:
- Taipei Xiahai City God Temple
- Dihua Street
- FaChuKung Temple
- Taipei North Gate (Cheng’en Gate)
- Beimen Post Office
- Yongle Market
Exit 2, MRT Beimen Station
Meeting point: Exit 2 of MRT Beimen Station
Our guides are recognized with a green and white paper fan saying "Like It Formosa".
Things to note
1. Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a bottle of water or an umbrella if needed.
2. This tour is wheelchair, pram and kid-friendly.
3. This tour will take place rain or shine. However, if Taipei City Government announces a day off because of natural disasters, the tour will be cancelled, and you will be notified via email one day in advance.
4. If you are joining this tour with a group of more than five people (5+), or a group arranged by travel agencies, please fill in our private tour request form to customize your needs. The idea of our free walking tours is to show the city to individual travellers and small groups, and is not suitable for last minute big groups. If no advance notice or booking is made, Like It Formosa and our guides reserve the right to refuse your participation in our tours.
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.