Free Tour of Lisbon: Essential History & Fun Facts - Free Tastings
Overview of the tour in Lisbon
Tours Of My Life, offering pay-what-you-wish Lisbon walking tours.
We show you the history and the exciting stories of Lisbon with the best guides in town and after, you will determine what a tour was worth.
With The Most Entertaining and Passionate Local Guides, you’ll get to know:
* The historical neighborhoods of Bairro Alto, Chiado, Baixa (Downtown), and Alfama
* The essential history of Portugal throughout the streets of Lisbon
* Fun facts about the Portuguese people, their culture, and their habits
* Great sightseeing spots
* A lot of smart tips to make the most of your vacation in Lisbon
* Free Tasting of the best Pastel de Nata (Portuguese Custard Tart) in Lisbon
Our brand name raises expectations, and so we strive on every tour to give you truly the tour of your life.
From 0€ (pay-what-you-wish, you determine what a tour was worth, i.e.: 10€, 15€, 20€, …)
Tours Of My Life is Officially Licensed by Turismo de Portugal (national tourism office).
This activity includes:
- Santa Justa Lift
- Carmo Convent
- The 1506 Jewish Massacre Memorial
- Bairro Alto
- Ancient Boundaries of Lisbon
- Roman and Barbarian Invasions
- The Age of Discovery
- Salazar Dictatorship
- Carnation Revolution
- Lisbon City of Spies in World War II
- Classic Stores and Coffees
- Portuguese Inquisition
- Baixa Pombalina (Downtown)
- The Great Earthquake of 1755
- The Monarchy and The Republic
- Portugal’s Moorish Legacy
Praça Luís de Camões, Lisbon
Meeting Point/Starting Point is in Praça Luís de Camões.
When you arrive just look for the team with the Black Umbrellas saying "Tours Of My Life" in yellow letters (and saying "Free Tours" in white).
Please try to be at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the time of the tour.
Our starting point is very accessible by foot, by Metro (at 100mts/110yd the Baixa Chiado station - with the green or blue line | at 500mt/550yd the Cais do Sodré station – with the green line), by Bus (at 500mt/550yd the Cais do Sodré station), by Train (at 700mt/760yd the Rossio Station | at 500mt/550yd the Cais do Sodré station) or by Tram (Tram 28E stops right in the Largo de Camões square);
Things to note
We recommend that you use comfortable shoes good for walking through the hills of Lisbon, nonslippery shoes suitable for the limestone that can be found in most of the streets of the Portuguese capital. Most of the year, we also recommend that you use sunscreen. Besides the shoes and sunscreen no further special recommendations although the good spirit is always a good “thing” to bring on a walking tour.
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.