Sparkling Gent Tour
Overview of the tour in Gent
We take our guests on a tour through the beautiful historical heart of our beloved Gent. We show not only the sights but also the best local places like popular restaurants and bars. We also share the best kept secrets.
1. Introducing the tour at the Friday market.
2. Statue Jacob van Artevelde
3. Het Toreken old building
4. Explaining The Dulle Griet.
5. Showing the Patershol
6. Telling the Gravensteen Castle story
7. Old Fish market
8. St Veerle Square and story
9. Old butchers house
10. Walking along the river Lisse, showing the beautiful medieval facades (Korenlei and Graslei).
11. St Michiels Bridge and church
12. Old Post Building
13. Looking at the famous 3 Gentian towers
14. Sint Niklaas Church
15. Belfort and old jail
16. A quick look at the inside of the Sint Baafs Cathedral, and mentioning the story of the lamb God.
17. Statue brothers vaneijk
18. Walking on to the Duivelsteen (Devil Castle), the other medieval castle.
19. On our way back to the Friday market we pass the City Hall.
20. Graffiti Street
21. Along the tour we also pass nice little restaurants, bars and other interesting places and specialized shops.
22. Friday's market (the end)
This activity includes:
- Площадь Пятничный рынок
- Saint Bavo's Cathedral
- Dulle Griet
- Belfort Gent
Friday Market at the Jacob van Artevelde Statue
Friday Market at the Jacob van Artevelde Statue.
Things to note
Dirk is always wearing a head and likes telling urban legend stories. Antoine is the history specialist.
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.