There are so many restaurants and eateries in Dublin and the majority of pubs offering food of some description that the choice is essentially endless. Popular places among locals which are worth checking out are;
- Jo' Burger – for fantastic, if not cheap, gourmet burgers with a characteristic local and fairly hipster vibe. And everything on the menu is local and of prime quality.
- San Lorenzo's – for modern, yet traditionally rustic, Italian food with a New York style of cooking.
- The Pig's Ear – Fantastic traditional, high-quality fare has made this a local favourite. It also houses a Chef's Counter offering excellent international cuisine.
- The Lord Edward – This pub looks fairly dingy from the outside, the kind of place which has retained it's old-school characteristic Dublin pub charm, which is wonderful in it's own right but upstairs is a sea-food restaurant which is renowned as one of the best in the country.
- The Winding Stair - with a focus on Irish produce, especially fish & seafood, has become a local favourite and, when you've made your way up its winding stairs, offers nice views over the river Liffey as city-life bustles by below.
- Queen of Tarts – a delightful little cafe and tea room serving delicious fresh brunch, lunch, cakes and other magic, tasty, sweet things.