Free War and Peace in Colombia Tour
Overview of the tour in Bogota
Welcome to Colombia and Bogotá, the capital city with the most thunderous memories of our political and conflict history!
Colombia, one of the happiest countries on earth, has been affected globally by its bad reputation for various negative situations such as being a huge drug producer, assassinations of political leaders, and violent conflicts between different armed groups. Today, this has changed quite a bit, and while on this tour, you will understand the causes, the development, and the present-day's Colombian conflict.
Join us for a real and interactive experience through some remarkable places and scars of the past. Learn about the development of Colombia's conflict in Bogota that changed our history, its ties to drug cartels and the "You know who" behind it, and the violence he imposed on the country.
At the end of this experience, you will have a more comprehensive understanding of our political history, the war, its key players, Colombian and international drug trades, the peace agreement, and where the country is heading in the near future. Join us for a walk through old and new times!
This activity includes:
- Origins of Colombian Violence
- Liberals vs Conservatives
- Peace Agreement (FARC and ELN)
- Liberal Guerrillas and Paramilitary Groups
- 1948 Bogota's Riot
- Influential Political Heroes
- Justice Palace Siege
- Santos vs Uribe
- And so much more!
Museo del Oro (Santander Square)
FREE WAR & PEACE TOUR
ATTENTION: make sure to find our OFFICIAL GUIDES in front of the Museo del Oro with their RED UMBRELLA and their RED ID by us, BEYOND COLOMBIA!
MEETING TIME: 10am (we start at 10:10am)
MEETING POINT: In front of the Museo del Oro Entrance (at Santander Park).
ADDRESS: Carrera 6 # 15 - 88
TOUR PRICE: We offer it for free, but we accept donations based on your satisfaction (people donate voluntarily around $40.000 COP each) that being said you donate what you consider the Tour was worth it :)
WEATHER: Our Tour is NEVER canceled due to rain. Bogotá has a bipolar climate so it changes all the time, so if it rains don't worry ;)
BRING: Runners, Sun Screen, Umbrella, Money, Rain Gear, and Sunglasses.
Look for the guide with the RED UMBRELLA, he will be waiting for you ;)
1) Public Transportation: select Transmilenio and check the best route by selecting first your Departure Station and then selecting the Arrival Station which is "Las Aguas" (J Line - Pink).
2) Taxi: Use any of the following Apps: Smart Taxi, Easy Taxi or Tappsi.
3) Uber (new users): Use our Promo Code (z8hrmqztue) for $8.000 COP off splitted in 2 rides.
4) Private Transfer: Book it in advance with us by sending an email
*As a capital, transportation is a little bit chaotic, so take into account at least 1 hour if you are not staying in Downtown (Candelaria).
Things to note
1) If you decided NOT TO PARTICIPATE anymore, we kindly ask you to "CANCEL MY BOOKING" at the bottom part of the email you received from Freetour.com, otherwise, we will be charged and we'd need to pay for your unattended booking, thanks!
You are free to cancel a booking anytime. We kindly remind you to cancel bookings you cannot arrive for. Being reported as absent decreases your customer level points and the benefits you can enjoy.