Day Tour to Wadi El Natron Monastery from Alexandria
Overview of the tour in Alexandria
Ancient Egypt Tours guide will meet you in your hotel in Alexandria. You will go in a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun monastery, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries, only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries, and in many ways the most isolated, then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoi whose body is still in the monastery. You will end your trip with Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries. Then return to your hotel in Alexandria.
This activity includes:
- Wadi el natrun Mosque
- Monastery of Al-Baramus
- Pick up services from your hotel / air port & return.
- The visit of the first Christian monastic congregation on the land of Wadi al-Natrun that dates back to the fourth century AD at the hands of Makar al-Kabir, who established the monastery of Anba Makar,
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place
- Private English Speaking guide
- All taxes & service charge
Pick up at your place
After booking, please contact us to arrange the meeting point.
Things to note
Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours before the activity starts. Late cancellation or your non-arrival is not refundable.